Updated 11th November, 2021
Protecting your data is very important to Voyage Control Limited (“Voyage Control”, “us” or “we”).
This policy together with our EULA and any other agreement between you and us sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by Voyage Control.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• information that you provide us with (by filling in forms on Voyage Control’s logistics management platform (the “Website”) or otherwise). This includes information you provide at the time of registering or at any subsequent point and includes, by way of example, your name, email address, registration number, password, etc.;
• information that you provide to the Site (as defined in the End User License Agreement, referred to as the EULA) and that the Site shares with us;
• if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
• we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them (nor will we share your answers without your express permission);
• device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information);
• your location;
• details of your visits to the Website;
We will hold the above information for as long as is necessary in order to provide you with our services, deal with any specific issues that you may raise or otherwise as is required by law or any relevant regulatory body.
Information we may collect about others
We may collect and process the following data about others that you provide us with, including (but not limited to) information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website and information submitted via the Platform (as defined in the EULA). You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained the express consent from the individuals whose data you provide us with. We don’t use your data for marketing purposes, nor do we sell it to 3rd party providers. We have legitimate interests in obtaining this data and need it to provide our services.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any specific individual.
Where we store your personal information
The data we collect from you is stored in the USA/EU/AU/CAN but may be transferred to and stored in regional servers around the world but may be transferred to other locations if required. It may also be processed by staff operating outside your company’s region. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Your passwords are stored on Voyage Control’s servers in encrypted form. We do not disclose your account details, postal, email addresses, or any other information we collect, to anyone except when legally required to do so.
Sensitive information between your browser and the Website is transferred in encrypted form using Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”). When transmitting sensitive information, you should always make sure that your browser can validate the Voyage Control certificate. It is your responsibility to keep your password secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Voyage Control will do its best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent any unauthorized access.
How we use your information
We use information held about you (and information about others) in the following ways:
• to provide you with our services; • to ensure you receive information relevant to you;
• to improve our processes and service delivery;
• to ensure the content on the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer or mobile device; and
• to notify you about changes to our service.
Disclosure of your information
We will disclose your personal information to the Site owner (as defined in the EULA), a partner of Voyage Control and/or a member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• to provide you with our services;
• in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets;
• if you request we do so (including to members);
• if Voyage Control or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party; or
• if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Voyage Control, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data by contacting us at email@example.com
The General Data Protection Regulation 2018 gives you the right to access information held about you by submitting a request in accordance with the regulation. All such requests should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy
Contact us at email@example.com if you have questions about any of our legal policies.